- Double boiler
- Hand mixer or standing mixer
- Mixing bowls
- 9” round baking pan
Infused Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 12 OUNCES semi-sweet chocolate
- 14 TBSP unsalted butter (1 ¾ STICKS)
- 1 TBSP + ½ TSP melted cannabutter
- ¼ TSP salt
- 1 CUP sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 TSP vanilla
- ½ CUP cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP fresh ground coffee or espresso
- toasted chopped pistachio nuts for topping (if desired)
Makes: 10 servings, approximately 5mg THC per slice
Cardamom Whipped Cream
- 1 CUP heavy whipping cream
- ⅛ TSP cardamom, ground
- ½ TSP vanilla
- 1 TSP sugar
Step 1: Make the Cake
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt chocolate, butter, and cannabutter in a double boiler, stirring to melt and fully combine.
- Once fully melted, remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add egg whites to a mixing bowl and beat until they form soft peaks.
- Add in sugar and continue to beat until fully incorporated.
- Whisk in egg yolks and vanilla into cooled melted chocolate mixture.
- Add cocoa powder, salt, and espresso, combining until all ingredients are fully integrated into a smooth, even batter.
- Fold in egg whites and gently stir by hand to combine without losing all the aeration of the egg whites.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9″ round baking pan.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes, checking for doneness after 20-22 minutes. When done, the surface of the cake will start to show cracks and a knife inserted into the center should come out clean.
- While your cake is cooking, toast your chopped pistachios in the oven for 3-4 minutes until you can start to smell their nutty aroma.
- Let cool and top with Cardamom Whipped Cream and a sprinkle of toasted pistachios.
Step 2: Make the Whipped Cream
- Beat together heavy whipping cream and sugar with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add in cardamom and vanilla and continue beating until you have achieved your desired thickness. Remember not to over-beat your cream or you can end up with whipped butter.