Need a deliciously sweet and tangy treat to add zestiness to your New Years’ Eve celebration? These magical baked goods will impress your guests—and chill them out! Our fumé Brands cannabis-infused Glazed Lemon Ginger cookies are a rich, cakey delight. They manage to be simultaneously fluffy, dense and moist—all the mouth feels you want in one delicious package. They’re so yummy that you’ll probably want to bake a THC-free batch to fully satisfy your taste buds. Enjoy.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Silicone spatulas
- Hand mixer
- Two mixing bowls
- Spoon or cookie scoop (approximately 2 TBSP)
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper or silicone mat (optional)
- 1 CUP sugar
- 1 TBSP molasses
- ½ CUP (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ CUP cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 TBSP cannabutter (or infused canna coconut oil), melted in a hot water bath for more precise measuring
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP freshly grated ginger
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 2.5 CUPS flour
- 1 TSP ground ginger
- ½ TSP baking soda
- ½ TSP baking powder
- ½ TSP salt
- ¾ CUP powdered sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 – 3 TBSP milk
Makes: approximately 26 cookies, 5mg THC per cookie
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Grease your cookie sheet or use a piece of parchment or silicone mat if desired.
- Using a handheld mixer, mix butter, cannabutter, cream cheese, sugar and molasses until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in lemon zest, lemon juice & fresh ginger.
- In a separate bowl, blend flour, baking soda, powder, salt, and ground ginger.
- Slowly incorporate the dry mixture into the batter and mix until combined thoroughly.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Chilling the dough results in a more developed flavor–it allows more time for the sugar to soak up the liquid in the dough–and reduces the cookie spread. In general, the colder the fats, the more time it takes them to melt resulting in less spread.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop (approximately 2 TBSP), drop cookie batter onto a prepared baking sheet. Parchment paper or a silicone mat are great options because they don’t stick and there’s less cleanup.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make the glaze, mix sugar + lemon zest. Add milk until smooth. Drizzle over the cookies once they’ve cooled.