- Frying pan
- Blender or food processor
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ CUP flat leaf (Italian) parsley
- 2 TBSP chives
- 2 TBSP oregano
- 1 ½ TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP canna-infused oil
- 2 ½ TBSP olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ TSP red pepper flakes
- ¼ TSP salt, to taste
- ¼ TSP pepper, to taste
Makes: approximately 1 cup, 16 servings, 2.5mg THC per 1 TBSP serving
- ¾ to 1 POUND hanger, skirt or flank steak (flavorful and quick-cooking to allow more time with your honey!)
- ¾ TSP salt
- ½ TSP pepper
- Coconut or other high-heat vegetable oil
Step 1: Make the Infused Chimichurri
- Combine parsley, garlic, chive, lemon zest, and oregano in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add red wine vinegar and blend to incorporate while slowly adding olive and canna-infused oils. Blend until well mixed.
- Check sauce and add salt, pepper, and red pepper flake to taste.
- Pulse to finish.
Step 2: Make the Steak
- Remove steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking so the meat has time to come up to room temperature.
- Pat steak dry and salt liberally.
- Oil and heat your pan until you see smoke to ensure your pan is HOT before adding your meat.
- Place steak into your HOT frying pan and cook approximately 5 minutes per side. Note, the less movement, the better the sear, so don’t move your meat around once you place it in the pan until you’re ready to flip it to cook the second side.
- Let steak rest for 10-15 minutes.
It’s important to rest the steak before slicing and serving to achieve a moist and flavorful steak.
- Slice, plate, and top with your infused chimichurri.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.